Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Care to Come a little bit Closer?


I've always considered myself an amateur of art. Being a curious person, nearly nothing impresses me more than contemporary art. It reflects on the way of thinking and attitude of modern people and the state of affairs in the modern world. It's current, topical, and it is in war with clichés and over-exploited themes. It creates new languages to discuss the undiscussable or even unutterable, watches itself in the mirror during the whole performance, and is not afraid to laugh at itself in the meantime. I am truly fascinated by it.

However, throughout the very short time that I was able to spend with reflecting upon such sublime issues, I constantly bumped into people who were threatened, intimidated, or downright offended by modern art. These moments and incidents I witnessed were always carved into my memory and stayed with me for a very long time. Thus, I've decided to dedicate this blog to the recycling of contemporary art. It is difficult and problematic by nature, doesn't really care about its appearance, and isn't really willing to talk to anyone apart from the ones that have the right ears. Still, no matter how harsh and dazzling it might be, or how ugly and hopeless things could seem in the cruel light it uses, it has many things to say.

As the author of this blog, I'd like to make an attempt at becoming a juggler: may aim is to create a language that is able to discuss the undiscussable, and, at the same time, I'd like to make the ears and eyes of those who are unbelieving a bit more receptive. I'll choose and discuss two or three contemporary pieces of art every week with the single unvarnished and calculating goal of bringing them closer to the audience. The works will be presented here. If you want to join the audience, all you have to do is come and look a little bit closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment